We’ve been anticipating the release of Acumatica 2018 R2 and as usual, it did not disappoint. The team at Acumatica continues to rapidly innovate with user-requested changes and many other enhancements that keep them a cut above other ERP systems.
New Features in the Acumatica 2018 R2 release include:
- Mobile push notifications sent directly to your smartphone. We are on our phones A LOT, so having important business notifications auto-sent to us will be a huge efficiency gain. Also worth noting that the same functionality available on your smartphone is available within the Acumatica app; for instance adding photos/files, a voice recording, and getting a signature right on your phone or tablet.
- Pop-up alerts that let users attach notes to specific screens in the system. For instance, a pop-up would appear on a PO screen about a required approval needed.
- Ability to add a user-defined field using Attributes without being (or needing) a developer.
- Company navigation lets you quickly select a different company branch/location from a menu dropdown
- Ability to save Generic Inquiries (extracting data for reporting and analysis) as a Pivot table. Using Generic Inquiries can be done by an end-user and does not require any coding knowledge.
- The addition of a Side Panel in Generic Inquiries lets you view and manage details of specific records without having to drill down with multiple clicks.
There are also enhancements to the universal search, which allows users to find exactly what they are looking for quickly (kind of like having Google inside your ERP). Plus the two-way excel integration and built-in document management tools (not new but still great).
- Individual closing periods by a unique entity, so now multi-entity companies can close books independently of one another.
- Field Service inventory allocation to ensure parts are ready when appointments are scheduled.
- Enhance Commerce workflows enabled, so online sales can be processed and calculated differently than sales entered by a salesperson with different terms.
- Manufacturing Planning and Scheduling allowing manufacturers to set up and maintain accurate delivery dates.
- The Outlook integration enhancement in Acumatica's CRM modules will let users link email activities with any contact in the system.
If you want to hear more about the features and functionality that separates Acumatica from other ERP systems, reach out to us for a call and/or demo.